AJ wanted to be headed down to Augusta by noon today… but he couldn’t get started “going” until after 10am! But we DID get the RV moved to the house ok. It’s not parked like he wanted it and we had trouble because the ground is really saturated right now, so it’s still not in it’s final parking spot but it’s at least ok for now.
We both got “real” showers, hot and lots of room! LOL!! You just don’t appreciate a normal sized bathroom until you’ve had to live in an RV for awhile… being actually able to turn around in the shower is awesome! LOL!
I moved a few things into the house and the cats… well not all of them, and not without incident. :( I was able to get Nicki and Bandit fairly easily, but Smokie has a pretty good hiding place in the RV and I couldn’t find her at all. And while I was trying to coax her out I had pulled the front door almost closed so that I could get in easy with a semi-crazed cat in my arms… and when I gave up on Smokie and went to go into the house… the front door was standing wide open!!! I went in, and Nicki was at the top of the stairs but there was no sign of Bandit. Dang cat had gone out the door!!
I searched everywhere… after almost an hour I was in tears, convinced he had run up the street or was in the woodsy area in the backyard and who knows IF I’d ever find him again… I even had one of our neighbors helping me look… he was going thru his backyard… just as he came out his front door I started searching the bushes that are between his front yard and ours… again… and he was asking me about Bandit… and I finally spotted him under one of the bushes!! Blasted Cat!
So he and I had a good cry once I got him back in the house and we both calmed down… geeze. So I ended up almost an hour late to work… and no-one here noticed… LOL!
Now I’m sitting here catching up this blog ‘cuz I really can’t do much else without internet connection at my desk… this is really getting to be a PIA. In order to do my email etc I have to haul my laptop into the break room where I can get a good signal from the wireless router. Oh well. Since I don’t have much to do tonite, I might just leave a bit early and get some more unloaded from the RV.
Oh! I called the moving guys… they’re scheduled for Wednesday morning… should be an interesting day!
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment