I went over to WalMart (where DID we go before WalMart??) and got a few things that I wanted before things started getting moved in, and AJ met me at the storage place for our first load. I was almost certain that one of the beds was close to the front of the storage space… Not true! We did get most of my clothes and the loose boxes up to the washer-dryer-stove, but without a bed, I’ll be still sleeping in the RV until the movers get everything moved in.
I had to move the old Internet Satellite dish out of the way in order to get to the boxes that I wanted, so I just had it sitting out in the isle out of the way. As we were about done, an older man drove up and stopped to speak to us… and asked about the dish. Turned out he was a DirecWay Technician and when we told him we had already setup with Cable… and did he want the dish? He latched onto that baby quick! LOL! He said that DirecWay has a program setup where they recondition old equipment and install it for the elderly for free, so that they can still get all the TV channels. Kewl! Especially since we were just gonna throw it away!
We unloaded Carl’s truck and my car at the house but didn’t stick around long since the power still wasn’t on… so we went back to the RV for more WoW time… trying to build up before the looooong dry spell, ya’know. ;0
We had just gotten into our comfy clothes and into the game good when a KNOCK came on the door… we had visitors?? There were Carl, Carrie and the boys… came up to help us move… LOL!! Actually, I think the guys came up to see the NASCAR Speedway and dragged Carrie along as their excuse. LOL! But we really couldn’t do much with the storage because the appliances are in the way, so we had a good visit then went over to see the house. The little boys had a great time running around the yard and up and down the hall stairs… LOL! And while we were there the guy came by and turned the power on! Whooohoo!
So then we had to play with all the lights, fans, the alarm system, the garage door opener, etc, etc… just like Christmas… LOL!!
After we finally wore the boys down, we all piled back to Speedway Blvd and had dinner at Cracker Barrel. It was a great visit! I really enjoyed being able to spend some time with the boys and Carrie… even though we didn’t get to do much “girl tawk”.
No comments:
Post a Comment