It hasn’t exactly been busy in my life lately, just … not a lot of free time? I’m doing a full Inventory of all the Intel-based servers at work… THAT’S been a bi***!!! It’s hard to describe… there are two “floors” (rooms) that have equipment in them that I work on. Each floor is about 50,000 sq ft and is on raised-floor… that means its go AC and power running under the floor that a raised platform. The floor consists of 2ft x 2ft tiles and the tiles are either solid or full of bitty holes to let the a/c thru…
Then the equipment is installed in these 10ft tall racks… and depending upon the size of the server, there could be 8 to 30 servers in each rack… and they are placed side-by-side in rows on the floors. Each rack is about 1 tile square, so you can imagine the rows! Thank goodness they aren’t solid wall-to-wall!! But they’re really not organized in any way that *I* can understand, and they don’t all go one direction… crazy!!
So anyway, to get the serial #’s off these servers you usually are standing on one of those perforated tiles with a/c blowing up your shirt… and if the servers go all the way from top to the floor, which most of them do, then trying to get the serial #’s from the bottom servers means sitting, and eventually, LAYING on the floor… on top of that damn a/c vent!!
Needless to say… I’m getting a bit too OLD for this schitt!! LOL! And when you get home from doing that crapola for 5-6 hrs all you want to do is curl up somewhere warm and veg OUT! But I got it done last Thursday, with so that’s over with, finally!!
Monday, January 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment