Friday, August 10, 2007

Carolina RenFest

I didn’t manage to attend the Carolina RenFest last year, it runs all of October and the first weekend in November, so I decided that this year I’d audition for the cast, like I did at the AZ RenFest last year. The Festival runs every weekend, rain or shine from Oct 6th thru Nov 18th.

I didn’t think of Blogging this experience until dress rehearsal week, so I’m working backwards… I hope this makes sense when I get done. ;-)

A lot of what we do as “cast” is improv… or as us non-serious actor-types call it - Playing with the Patrons. That’s one of the things I like about working these Fairs with this Production Company… they really go out of their way to encourage the “cast” to just have fun. Have fun with your character, have fun with the Patrons, have fun with the cast. Don’t get me wrong, it’s work… and hard work at that… but I can tell you from experience, the people make it all worth it.
:-)

I’ve gotten the feeling that the cast here at the Carolina Renaissance Festival is quite a bit smaller than AZ… But the level of entertainment, number of (paid) entertainers are the same and after having worked on the Festival site these past 2 weekends I think that there will be more vendors here than at AZ ‘cuz I think there are more booth-sites here than in AZ. I could be wrong, but there are every bit as many, that’s for sure!

Here’s the website:
http://www.royalfaires.com/carolina/default.asp?page=1

No comments: