Friday, September 22, 2006

The beginning of our WoW addiction…

If you’re interested in seeing some of the screen-shots from the game to understand better what I’m describing, here’s the website… but Be Careful! It’ll capture your imagination too!!
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

Anyway… this game is similar to Microsoft’s Game Ashron’s Call. It’s a computer software game that you load, heavy on the 3D graphics etc, but it’s also connected to the “world” online… so when you play the game, you’re actually on a server with several thousand other people and the company is constantly updating the “world”, quests, areas, etc… so it’s an ever changing computer game that you really have to play for a long time before it starts getting repetitive, if you really ever get that far. I think the best way to describe it is to say that it’s like being in an ever-changing book that you are helping to write with the way that you control your character and interact with others, and they interact with you. The ultimate game of “pretend”! LOL!!

I won’t bore you too much with WoW here, but I may just start another blog on it instead! LOL!!

Well Andy started playing WoW and we were sharing an account… which didn’t last long, because most of the time we want to play together… he on his ‘puter and me on mine… and we want to both be online at the same time with our characters “together” in the game world. And once we got 2 accounts and AJ was FINALLY released to go back to work he had to show Carl… and managed to get Carl addicted… and then Carl started playing on HIS home computer and got his oldest son, Dalton, addicted… see? It’s an insidious circle! LOL!

So now Andy, Carl, Dalton, and I play all together whenever we get the chance. I know it sounds crazy, but it does keep me from MURDERING Andy whenever he’s home for more than a couple of days… LOL!!

No comments: