Friday, September 01, 2006

What is a Blog???

Ok, I’m going to try this blogging thang… I dunno how good I’ll be at it, but at least I can start, eh?

Yeah, I’m sure you know all this, but I thought it would be interesting to see the official definition…

Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English
Main Entry:
blog
Definition: to author an online diary or chronology of thoughts
Etymology: 1999-2004; abbr. of Weblog
Usage: blogged, blogging; blogger, n

Part of Speech: noun
Definition: an online diary; a personal chronological log of thoughts published on a Web page; also called Weblog, Web log
Example: Typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author.
Etymology: shortened form of Weblog
Usage: blog, blogged, blogging v, blogger n

Main Entry:
weblog
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: a personal Web site that provides updated headlines and news articles of other sites that are of interest to the user, also may include journal entries, commentaries and recommendations compiled by the user; also written web log, Weblog; also called blog
Usage: computing

Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English, Preview Edition (v 0.9.6)
Copyright © 2003-2005 Lexico Publishing Group, LLC

WordNet
blog
n : a shared on-line journal where people can post diary entries about their personal experiences and hobbies [syn: web log]
WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

So the definition mostly sez that a Blog is an “online dairy”, typically updated daily… well most of you who are reading this know that I’m a terrible letter writer, and I’ve NEVER been good with a diary or journal etc… I doubt very seriously that I will be with a blog, no matter how easy it’s supposed to be! I’m just not disciplined enough to write something every day…

Besides, I don’t think that my life is interesting enough to write about every day! LOL!

What I will try to do is update this regularly, so that those of you who might be interested in what’s up in Andy’s and my life can read up on us… sorta like writing letters to everyone at once, eh? Maybe? Guess we’ll see…

No comments: