Friday, September 22, 2006

transfer to GA?

Actually I gave my notice the day that I finally got my first job review… LOL! But hey, my boss is a great guy and I really felt that I needed to give STG plenty of time to find, and train, my replacement. So I gave them a month’s notice, with option to stay longer if they needed me to. I tried to finagle a transfer to GA instead, but they just don’t have enough biz there (yet) to support 2 techs. But Dave did give me the option to work for STG as an independent contractor… which I was considering.

So I started packing up my house, leisurely, and making arrangements and plans when one day…

I’m on the phone with one of my subs in Michigan and he reminds me that he’s wanting to move away from MI to somewhere South… so I remember that STG had just been awarded a huge contract with EDS to support Compaq servers in all their Data Centers, nation-wide. This contract requires that STG provide 24hr/7day onsite support… so they were busy trying to find techs for the various sites… including the Data Center in Charlotte NC… which I mentioned to my sub…

And about half-way thru the conversation it dawns on me… DUHHHH!! North Carolina is VERY CLOSE to Augusta Ga! Not to mention one of the areas that AJ and I have always talked about “retiring” to some day… what was I thinking??? So as soon as I got the guy off the line… I called my Boss and asked him if I could transfer to Charlotte!! LOL!!

It took about a week of maneuvering and negotiating, but in the end I GOT THE JOB!! Then I got the bad news… It was September 14th…

And I had to be in Charlotte ready to work on Sept 26th!! AND Andy was doing practically back-to-back runs… but we also needed the extra $$ because this was gonna cost quite a bit more than I had originally planned and saved for… so I needed him to keep working and keep those paychecks coming… LOL!!

No comments: