Friday, September 22, 2006

why move back to GA?

So the discussions started in July about me moving back to GA, which I’ve been HIGHLY in favor of… LOL!!

Unfortunately, my MOTHER has somehow managed to maintain her psychic connection to my brain (damn it!) even after 40 some odd years, and I kept hearing… “don’t leave this job without something to fall back on”… “where’s your savings?” … “do you have any bloody idea how MUCH MONEY it’s going to cost you to move, AGAIN???” … “what about RETIREMENT?” … blah…blah…blah… So I kept trying to save money and still set some goals and time-frames on WHEN we would move, IF we moved… etc… you get the drift…

Plus I’d promised Mom I’d stay in Arlington until after she and Gene got back from their ramblings sometime in late September.

So finally around mid-August I had silenced about 75% of those “mother-nags” that kept running thru my heayd and decided to make it official.

For one thing… to be perfectly honest I really, really, HATE Arizona… seriously!
Well ok, mostly I really, really hate the “Valley of the Sun” … the Phoenix area. It’s so blasted F***ng HOT and dusty … and no rain, no grass, no trees… and since I went and got spayed, my internal temps have changed to Hot-Flash-Hell… living in 300 days of 100+ degree weather SUCKS!

I’m also allergic to EVERYTHING in AZ and it gets worse every year. I swear, I’m allergic to the DIRT there! Seriously! Whenever the wind starts blowing I start sneezing and clogging up… it’s terrible!!

And dang it… I really hated having to drive 60 frickin miles to work every day, in stinkin’ traffic that gets worse almost every month… and then driving another 60 frickin miles home… a normal 8hr work day averaged 11 to 12 hours for me. Doesn’t make for much of a life after work, ‘cuz when you come home all you can think of is BED! Alone!! LOL!

I had a decent amount of pennies in savings, had made some estimates, etc. AJ was going to be able to get the 18 wheeler to move all our “stuph” so all we’d have to pay for would be the fuel, and I still had enough (planned out) to pay bills for a couple of months until I found a job in Augusta.

So the first of September I bit the bullet and put in my notice with STG…

No comments: