Friday, September 22, 2006

Mom to the rescue!

I was really in panic mode… here I’d found a way to move back to the South, be close to the kids and the g-kids AND keep my job, and I only had 13 daze to do it in!!

My house is only about ¼ packed…
My office ain’t packed up at all…
I’ve got to rent a UHaul…
I’ve got to go back to Page and empty out the storage space there…
I’ve got to load the UHaul…
I need to get my car serviced…
I’ve got to fix a couple of things in the house… most especially have the carpet shampooed!!...
I’ve got to help interview the candidates for my “old” job and train the person they hire…
I’ve got to figure out how I’m going to drive this UHaul with a car trailer on the back 2600 miles…

Without killing myself, the dawg, and the 3 cats… oh yeah,
I’ve got to figure out how to haul 3 CATS 2600 miles in a UHaul…

AND be onsite Sept 26th!

Mom to the Rescue! I thank God every day that my Mother is still raising me… LOL!! I wonder if she’s saving up brownie points for when I have to take care of her someday?? Naaaww…

Anyway, she helped me pack up the house and load the UHaul… we “rented” Billy and his cousin Alex for a day to help us load the heavy stuff, but she and I did the rest. Then she offered to drive out here with me… how could I refuse??

AJ found us an RV park close to where I’m going to work… because part of the deal is that I have to be able to get to the site within 30 minutes if an emergency call comes in… this tends to limit things quite a bit!

But I still didn’t get everything done that I wanted to get done… I really owe Mom big-time on this one. I left her with a messy house, dirty carpet and a bedroom door that needs replaced. Moms are the best, aren’t they???

No comments: